The website of Personal Care Global

News

Vytrus Biotech records 32% global sales growth in Q1 2024

Vytrus Biotech records 32% global sales growth in Q1 2024

Vytrus Biotech, a company specializing in plant stem cell-derived active ingredients for the cosmetics industry, recorded global sales growth of 32% in the first quarter of 2024.

The Barcelona company’s unaudited quarterly results showed the growth was led by the recovery of the US and European markets at the beginning of the year (+35%).

Likewise, the Latin America area saw increased sales by 30%, largely driven by the entry in Brazil of one of the sector's top client companies. The APAC (Asia-Pacific) region remained stable with 1% growth.

First-quarter growth boosted Vytrus' year-on-year sales (sales in the last 12 months), which exceeded €4m ($4.261m) for the first time in its history.

Skin care and hair care applications were mainly responsible for growth in all markets, with special mention for products for sensitive skin and sun care.

These good figures boost the forecasts of the biotech company, which recently published its strategic plan, which forecasts sales of €12m by 2027, with EBITDA increasing by €4m to €5m.

The company foresees a mix of organic and inorganic growth; Vytrus estimates that 60% of its revenues in 2027 will come from its existing plant stem cell business and the remaining 40% will be contributed by new technologies added and acquisitions made.

The company has 21 active ingredients on the market. The latest, Baolift, was launched this month; it is a biotechnological active ingredient based on the stem cells of the millenary baobab, a tree of African origin.

Baolift is of 100% natural origin that activates the molecular mechanisms of exercise in the skin for the first time in cosmetics, improving muscle and skin tone and achieving a ‘lifting’ effect.

Ingredient News

Features

Novel Alteromonas for tackling wrinkles

LipoTrue describes a marine ingredient derived from a newly identified Alteromonas species (Alteromonas lipotrueae) that relaxes expression wrinkles acting along the three steps of neuromuscular communication

Senolytic science: plant extract for well-ageing

DSM-Firmenich reveals the findings of research that shows how a Epilobium fleischeri extract can selectively clear senescent cells – so-called ‘zombie’ cells - from the skin.

Benefits of solubilized azelaic acid on C. acnes

Vantage has developed a new form of azelaic acid in which the acid is presolubilized in a mild skin emollient. It has been shown that delivery of dissolved azelaic acid can show superior performance to suspended azelaic acid and can help to improve the inflammatory effects of topically applied salicylic acid

A global consumer journey in scalp care

Rahn describes an active ingredient that targets a disbalanced scalp microbiota, an oily and sensitive scalp, providing relief from scalp discomfort

LATEST ISSUEs

April 2024
March 2024

LATEST FORMULATIONS

Upcoming Events

NYSCC Suppliers' Day 2024

Javits Center, New York
1st - 2nd May 2024

9th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
25th - 26th June 2024

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024

in-cosmetics Latin America 2024

São Paulo, Brazil
25th - 26th September 2024

IFSCC 2024

Recanto das Cataratas Thermas Resort, Iguazu Falls, Brazil
14th - 17th October 2024

SEPAWA

Estrel Congress Center, Berlin
16th - 18th October 2024

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Upcoming Events

NYSCC Suppliers' Day 2024

Javits Center, New York
1st - 2nd May 2024

9th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
25th - 26th June 2024

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024

in-cosmetics Latin America 2024

São Paulo, Brazil
25th - 26th September 2024

IFSCC 2024

Recanto das Cataratas Thermas Resort, Iguazu Falls, Brazil
14th - 17th October 2024

SEPAWA

Estrel Congress Center, Berlin
16th - 18th October 2024

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Step Communications Ltd, Step House, North Farm Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2 3DR
Tel: 01892 779999
www.step-communications.com
© 2024 Step Communications Ltd. Registered in England. Registration Number 3893025