Sclerotium gum shield - biopolymer protection

Air pollutants such as particulate matter, heavy metals, and ozone are believed to induce or exacerbate a range of skin conditions, such as ageing and sensitive skin. Such situations inspired Cargill Beauty to explore the capacity of its range of biopolymers to protect the skin from these aggressors

ABSTRACT

The Covid-19 era ushered in a fascination with skin health and increased awareness of the importance of protecting it from external aggressors. Air pollutants such as particulate matter (PM, most commonly PM2.5 and PM10), heavy metals, and ozone are believed to induce or exacerbate a range of skin conditions, such as ageing and sensitive skin. Such situations inspired Cargill Beauty to explore the capacity of Cargill’s Actigum™ range, made from 100% renewable feedstocks and readily biodegradable, to protect the skin from these aggressors. The film forms a thin and homogeneous layer over the skin which provides a shield from pollution dust and helps with its removability. The quality of the film also provides a decrease in skin roughness to bring premium smooth sensory.

The Covid-19 era ushered in a fascination with skin health and increased awareness of the importance of protecting it from external aggressors. Data shows that only 20% of skin ageing is induced by genetics, and the remaining 80% is linked to external aggressors caused by environment and lifestyle factors (Figure 1).1

Log in or register FREE to read the rest

This story is Premium Content and is only available to registered users. Please log in at the top of the page to view the full text. If you don't already have an account, please register with us completely free of charge.

Latest Issues

9th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
25th - 26th June 2024

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024