The Personal Care Products Council (PCPC) has elected Chanel general manager of fragrance and beauty Barbara Menarguez as its new chair of its board of directors.
Menarguez (pictured) has been with Chanel for more than 25 years, serving as the company’s senior vice president and chief financial officer for eight of those years.
The Washington D.C.-based organisation said Menarguez, who currently oversees Chanel’s marketing, sales, education and sales planning, is widely recognized for her thoughtful leadership.
“Barbara’s impressive accomplishments and strong leadership will serve our membership well as we continue to advance our industry’s determination for a more beautiful and sustainable world,” added Lezlee Westine, PCPC president and CEO.
Menarguez said: “PCPC is the voice for the industry whose products touch the lives of nearly every American household each day, families rely on our products to enhance their well-being and quality of life.
“I’m honoured to help lead PCPC as we continue to educate policy makers, legislators, regulators, the media and, most importantly, our consumers about our innovative industry and our commitment to sound science.”
Joining Menarguez on PCPC’s board of directors are the following newly elected officers.
- Esi Eggleston Bracey, president Unilever USA, CEO North America Personal Care, Unilever
- David Greenberg, CEO L’Oréal USA and president, North America Zone, L’Oréal
- Chris Heiert, senior vice president the Specialty Beauty Group, Procter & Gamble
- Mark Loomis, president North America, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Maria “Duda” Kertész, president, US Skin Health & Beauty, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health
- Deborah Gibbins, chief operating officer and chief financial officer, Mary Kay