The website of Personal Care Global

IMCD snaps up Chinese personal care distributor Sanrise

IMCD is to acquire 100% of the shares of Shanghai Sanrise Industries & Development Co., Ltd. (Sanrise), one of the leading distributors in the personal care markets in China.

The transaction will take place in two tranches, with IMCD first acquiring 70% of Sanrise’s share capital and the remaining 30% in 2025.

The founders of Sanrise will continue to lead the company post-completion of the first tranche.

With approximately 60 employees, Sanrise generated a revenue of approximately RMB 630 million (c. €90 million) in 2021.

Belgian firm IMCD said Sanrise adds a personal care application laboratory to its global network of technical centres.

“The acquisition will provide IMCD with a comprehensive portfolio from leading global suppliers and elevate our technical expertise with the addition of a fully-equipped technical centre, putting us in a strong position in the Chinese market,” added IMCD Asia president Andreas Igerl (pictured, second from right).

“This is a significant milestone to accelerate our growth momentum by complementing our existing life science portfolio and business.”

Tony Wang (pictured, far right), founder and general manager of Sanrise, added: “I am impressed with IMCD’s deep knowledge of the personal care market and the recognition given to Sanrise.

“I believe that IMCD will elevate our operations and management with their globalisation and network.”

The closing of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval and is expected to take place in the first quarter of 2023.

In a related development, IMCD has appointed Jean-Paul Scheepens as president of its US operations, effective 1 November.

Prior to joining IMCD, Scheepens, who is a dual citizen of the US and the Netherlands, held leadership positions at Avient, PolyOne, PPG and AkzoNobel.

He will be based in the Greater Cleveland headquarters of IMCD US, which has regional offices in California, Texas, New Jersey and market-focused laboratories located in California, New Jersey, Texas and Florida.

See more about IMCD Group B.V

Upcoming Events

8th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
29 - 30 November 2022

76th Annual Scientific Meeting & Showcase

JW Marriott LA Live, Los Angeles, California
12 - 14 December 2022

PCHi China 2023

The China Import and Export Fair Complex, Guangzhou
15-17 February 2023

in-cosmetics Global 2023 - Barcelona

Fira Barcelona Gran Via
28 - 30 March 2023

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Upcoming Events

8th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
29 - 30 November 2022

76th Annual Scientific Meeting & Showcase

JW Marriott LA Live, Los Angeles, California
12 - 14 December 2022

PCHi China 2023

The China Import and Export Fair Complex, Guangzhou
15-17 February 2023

in-cosmetics Global 2023 - Barcelona

Fira Barcelona Gran Via
28 - 30 March 2023

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Step Communications Ltd, Step House, North Farm Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2 3DR
Tel: 01892 779999 Fax: 01892 616177
www.step-communications.com
© 2022 Step Communications Ltd. Registered in England. Registration Number 3893025