Stopping epidermal jetlag: new data published
We all have a master clock located in our brains. The preprogramed circadian rhythm is activated when our eyes perceive the blue light part of the light spectrum.
With the help of certain clock genes such as CLOCK, ARNTL, PER and CRY, our circadian rhythm regulates all the clocks of our body and its organs. If this rhythm is disturbed, what occurs is similar to jet lag. Even our skin suffers from Epidermal Jetlag after long distance travel, long working days, usage of
blue light-emitting media or UV light exposure which causes additional damage to the skin barrier and cellular DNA.
Celligent, from Rahn, is the best way to recalibrate the biorhythm of our skin thanks to two powerful circadian antioxidants obtained from rice and rosemary.
By resetting the master genes of the epidermal clock, Celligent immediately strengthens the skin barrier, increases moisture and eliminates redness. This results in a fresh appearance and smooth, moisturised skin.
Studies have revealed efficacy in the following areas:
• Recalibrates circadian clock genes after UV stress (in vitro study)
• Protects against DNA damage, blue light-induced ROS formation and lipid peroxidation (in vitro study)
• Protects epidermal stem cells against UV-related performance drop-down (in vitro study)
• Protects the skin against formul’ageing (ex vivo study)
• Preserves the circadian rhythm, strengthens the skin barrier and reduces light stress symptoms (in vivo study)
• Regenerates skin after UV-related damage (in vivo study)
• Protects formulations against formul’ageing (in-formulation study)
• Reduces UV-induced radical formation in colour cosmetics (in-formulation study)