Givaudan finalises acquisition of b.kolormakeup & skincare

Givaudan has completed the acquisition of b.kolormakeup & skincare (b.kolor), an Italian cosmetics manufacturer specialising in developing finished makeup and skincare products.

Having acquired 25% of b.kolor in July 2021, Givaudan now obtains the remaining 75% in a deal worth approximately 77m Swiss francs ($86m) and will look to continue their 2025 expansion plan. 

Founded in 2000 and based in Milan, b.kolor employs over 300 people and has cemented itself as experts in creative formulation design and the production of finished products for B2B customers. 

Givaudan Fragrance and Beauty President Maurizio Volpi said: “By sharing our creative and innovation capabilities, we will generate additional value to our respective customers by providing a complete offer combining high level of science with excellence in design.”

The acquisition means that Givaudan will be able to offer innovative solutions for make-up formulations and further widen its capabilities for skincare applications by utilising b.kolor’s expertise within the field. 

Maria-Teresa Sancini, chairwoman of b.kolor, said: “Joining Givaudan, the market leader, is a great opportunity to bring our businesses to new heights. Givaudan’s capabilities in creation, ingredients and technology will greatly support us in evolving our product offering, while benefiting from Givaudan’s customer base and geographical footprint to expand ourselves in new territories.

"We are very pleased to also share our unique creative design and production know-how with Givaudan to bring the products of tomorrow to life."

Latest Issues

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024

in-cosmetics Latin America 2024

São Paulo, Brazil
25th - 26th September 2024