The website of Personal Care Global

IMCD expands India presence with Valuetree acquisition

Speciality ingredient distributor IMCD has acquired a majority stake in Valuetree Ingredients to expand its beauty and personal care footprint in India.

Founded in 2005, Valuetree employs a team of 44 staff and generated revenue of approximately 4.4 billion rupees (circa €48m) in the financial year ending 31 March 2023.

The transaction will take place in two tranches, with IMCD initially acquiring 70% of the share capital and the remaining 30% to be acquired next year.

Valuetree is an ingredient supplier to the beauty and personal care market that provides an extensive portfolio to its customers through an in-house application laboratory with formulation and technical support.

The founders, Shailesh Karwa and Sharad Dalmia, will continue to lead the company post-completion of this first tranche.

“In a market dominated by large players, and now witnessing the emergence of direct to consumer (D2C) brands, our focus has been on customer centricity and providing innovative solutions. We are delighted that IMCD has partnered with us in Valuetree’s next phase of growth,” they said.

IMCD India & Bangladesh managing director Narendra Varde added:  “As the beauty and personal care market in India continues to experience double-digit growth, acquiring Valuetree perfectly fits in our global strategy, it significantly enhances our capabilities and enriches our product portfolio.”

In a related development, Valerie Diele-Braun (pictured) has started her tenure as chief executive of Rotterdam-based IMCD.

Diele-Braun was formerly chief executive of CABB Group, a German fine chemicals player and life science company, manufacturing active ingredients as well as advanced intermediates, and has over 20 years of leadership experience in the speciality chemicals and ingredients industry.

She succeeds Piet van der Slikke, who in December 2021 announced his intention to retire.

“I have the honour to support and lead IMCD in its next chapter. Jointly with our more than 4,800 employees, we will ensure that IMCD continues to deliver outstanding service as a trusted and high-performing business partner for our customers and suppliers,” she said.

See more about IMCD Group B.V

Upcoming Events

PCHi

Shanghai World Expo Exhibition And Convention Center(SWEECC)
20th-22nd March 2024

in-cosmetics Global

Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
16th – 18th April 2024

NYSCC Suppliers' Day 2024

Javits Center, New York
1st - 2nd May 2024

9th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
25th - 26th June 2024

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024

in-cosmetics Latin America 2024

São Paulo, Brazil
25th - 26th September 2024

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Upcoming Events

PCHi

Shanghai World Expo Exhibition And Convention Center(SWEECC)
20th-22nd March 2024

in-cosmetics Global

Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
16th – 18th April 2024

NYSCC Suppliers' Day 2024

Javits Center, New York
1st - 2nd May 2024

9th Anti-Ageing Skin Care Conference

Royal College of Physicians, London
25th - 26th June 2024

in-cosmetics Korea 2024

Hall C, Coex, Seoul, South Korea
24th - 26th July 2024

in-cosmetics Latin America 2024

São Paulo, Brazil
25th - 26th September 2024

Access the latest issue of Personal Care Magazine on your mobile device together with an archive of back issues.

Download the FREE Personal Care Magazine app from your device's App store

Step Communications Ltd, Step House, North Farm Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2 3DR
Tel: 01892 779999
www.step-communications.com
© 2024 Step Communications Ltd. Registered in England. Registration Number 3893025