Finalists revealed for CEW Supplier's Award sponsored by NYSCC
CEW has revealed the eight finalists of the Supplier’s Award: Ingredients & Formulation, part of its prestigious re-named Beauty Creators Awards.
Sponsored by New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC), the award category recognises the role that ingredients, formulation and new technology plays in successful product launches.
The 2021 CEW Supplier’s Award: Ingredients & Formulation finalists are:
- Actera Ingredients: FOLLICIN–an active ingredient for hair growth, based on the revolutionary discovery of olfactory receptors inside our hair follicle
- BASF Corporation: PeptAIde 4.0–offers a safe and nature-based solution for hair and skin damage caused by silent inflammation
- Eastman Chemical Company: Eastman GEM retinyl sunflowerate–a pro-retinol derivative composed of retinol and sunflower fatty acids
- EverCare: Mineral Body SPF 50 Sunscreen–achieves high SPF and UVA protection for everyday wear without the worry of unattractive white casting
- Geltor, Inc.: HumaColl21 –world’s first bioidentical human collagen ingredient for topical skincare and certified vegan
- Grant Industries Inc.: Granpowder BBP-700–a fused hybrid composite of bio-fermented powder and amino acid derivative
- MANA: Clean Screen Mineral Serum SPF 50–weightless, clean & vegan, mineral serum absorbs quickly & delivers intense moisturisation & powerful protection
- SurfactGreen: CosmeGreen ES1822+–100% biosourced, cationic surfactant with superior smoothing, strengthening, colour retention & detangling benefits
The finalists were selected from more than 40 submissions that were reviewed and voted upon by a curated panel of judges that included leading beauty and personal care brands including members of the NYSCC Program Committees. The judges were: Eileen Kim; Geraldine Molina, Glossier; Ron Robinson, BeautyStat.com; Mike Wong, H2O+; and Tao Zheng, The Estee Lauder Companies.
These judges will participate in a special NYSCC webinar: “CEW Beauty Creators Awards: A Conversation with the Judges on Ingredients & Formulations!” on Thursday, July 15 at 12 Noon, EDT. This live panel will be moderated by Andrea Nagel, VP–Content, CEW, and provide insight on what the judges found most interesting and unique about this year’s finalists.
The winner of the CEW Supplier’s Award will be announced on November 3 during its Beauty Creators Awards ceremony. The Supplier’s Award winner will also be acknowledged and recognised, along with all the finalists, during the in-person NYSCC Suppliers’ Day taking place November 10-11, 2021 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City.
“NYSCC Is proud to be an annual sponsor of this CEW award focused exclusively on ingredients and formulations. This award champions and brings to the forefront the important role cosmetic science plays in product development and brand innovation,” said Susanna Fernandes, Chairman, NYSCC.
This year’s NYSCC Suppliers’ Day theme will be “Embracing Beauty: A Celebration of What We Create,” and will take place in-person November 10-11 at the Javits Center and will have a Virtual Day on November 12. It will be North America’s main event for beauty and personal care industry education, engagement, new product announcements, awards, and more. For more information visit www.nyscc.org/suppliers-day.